All WIC staff members receive breastfeeding training, and support
breastfeeding as the normal infant feeding choice.
Each WIC office also has Lactation Educators with specialized breastfeeding
training who provide education and support.
|WIC Breastfeeding Warmline
|Stanislaus County WIC
|Stanislaus County Breastfeeding Coalition
Meetings held every 1st Wednesday of the month
For meeting locations and questions, call us!
|San Jose Milk Bank
|La Leche League
|Local Breastfeeding Resources List
WIC Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Prenatal and postpartum breastfeeding classes
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Mom & Baby group (Drop in every Wednesday 10-11am @ 251 E. Hackett Rd., Modesto)
- One-on-one counseling with pregnant & post-partum women
General Breastfeeding Information
- The Risks of Formula Feeding: Download in English | Spanish
- How does formula compare to breast milk? Download in English | Spanish
- You Can Make Plenty of Breastmilk? Download in English | Spanish
- What Mom Can Expect in the First Week of Breastfeeding? Download in English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding After You Return to Work or School: Download in English | Spanish
- How to Pump and Store Breastmilk: Download in English | Spanish
Manual, pedal and electric breast pumps may be available for use when babies are premature and for moms who are returning to work or school.
Please contact WIC @ (209) 558-7377 to find out if you are eligible for a pump!
Breastfeeding Laws and Regulations
Back to Nutrition Services / WIC Homepage