How to get CHDP Services
Who is eligible for a CHDP exam?
Children and youth who:
- Do not have medical insurance that covers preventive care
- Are under 19 years of age
- Live in California
- Have family gross income (before taxes) at or below 200% federal income guidelines.
Please note: There are some exceptions to the federal income guidelines, which may qualify your child for a CHDP exam.
- Medi-Cal clients birth through 20 years of age.
Who is not eligible for a CHDP exam?
Children and youth that are:
- Part of family whose gross income (before taxes) is more than 200% of the federal income guidelines.
- Non-Medi-Cal recipients who are 19 years of age or older
- Not residents of California